Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lyrid


She looks normal. She talks normal. And she acts normal.

But there is something about her that isn't quite right. It's as if she's not of this world to tell it simply. It might be the way she bat her eyes like it was a few microseconds too fast. Or probably the words come out her mouth as if there's always an extra syllable fragment at the end of her every sentence.

"I'm Lara.. I'll be your therapist for today..Please follow me to the room.."

She has a perfect petite figure. And she walks in a very alluring gait. But still something's not quite right. It could be that her curves seem to follow a certain mathematical equation. Or that her strides seem to trace an unknown pattern in the ground. I don't know. I just can't put my head around it.

I followed her to a small but tidy room with a lazy boy seat at the center, There is a small table on the corner with bottles which I reckon are perfumes, oils and lotions. There's a TV hanging on the wall just in front of the chair.

"Please sit here,," Lara said, with that voice pitch that seems just a few fraction of a frequency higher.

I sat down and relaxed my back. The tv is playing the nightly news. It appears that the Lyrid meteor shower will happen tonight. The news program is about to report the details when Lara turned it off.

I just closed my eyes.

I simply sat there for a few minutes. I hear sounds of bottles opening and closing and of liquids flowing. I hear her rubbing her hands. There's that sound again, Like her hands rubbing produces an intereference with the vibrational frequencies of my brain.

I hear her walk towards the back of my seat. As soon as her fingertips touched the skin of my forehead, I felt a strange shuddering sensation from my stomach. As she presses her fingers into my temples, the sensations became stronger. It feels like my whole self is being turned inside-out-- not my flesh but my soul.

I can't describe it into words.

It's beyond words.

I don't how much time has passed when she said it's finished. It seems like an eternity of something. But it also feels like I was just sitting her for a few seconds. I'm lost. She has took me into an existential dungeon puzzle of the mind which is impossible to decipher and escape from.

I walked to the reception to get my things and the receipt. The receptionist smiles politely. I stepped out of the door still in a state of daze. Lara did something to me which is not of this world. She did something. But I can't figure it out.

I got on a cab waiting on the sidewalk. The driver asked where to and I answered him 'home'. On the radio, there is still the news about that meteor shower. The shower, the newscaster said will appear to originate from the section in the sky near the constellation Lyra.

I looked at the reciept I got from the reception to check if Lara has a number which I could contact just in case. They seem to have made a typo error, They printed her name with a 'y'.