Friday, May 16, 2008

Job 3

Job Speaks

1 After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth. 2 He said:

3 "May the day of my birth perish,
and the night it was said, 'A boy is born!'

4 That day—may it turn to darkness;
may God above not care about it;
may no light shine upon it.

11 "Why did I not perish at birth,
and die as I came from the womb?

12 Why were there knees to receive me
and breasts that I might be nursed?

16 Or why was I not hidden in the ground like a stillborn child,
like an infant who never saw the light of day?

23 Why is life given to a man
whose way is hidden,
whom God has hedged in?

24 For sighing comes to me instead of food;
my groans pour out like water.

25 What I feared has come upon me;
what I dreaded has happened to me.

26 I have no peace, no quietness;
I have no rest, but only turmoil."

-----------------------------------------------

And the unborn sings in unison.
















======================================

Credits:

Soundtrack:
For The Widows in Paradise by Sufjan Stevens
Rake
by Sufjan Stevens
Weather: Cloudy; Stormy
Time: At Sunset
Full Text: BibleGateway.com
Directed by: The Hangman Dreamer
======================================